The Benefits of Wheatgrass
If your feeling tired or run down you may well be nutritionally deficient. To counter this you have to feed your blood with the goodness it needs to carry oxygen around your body, and the nutrients to your organs.
Remember the boundless energy you had as a child? Wheatgrass can give you that back.
What Wheatgrass Does for You
Wheatgrass is a quick and efficient way to get a broad spectrum of vegetable nutrition. It has virtually all the minerals your body needs to stay healthy, is packed with antioxidants that eliminate free radicals and contains more iron than any other vegetable.
Wheatgrass is also 25% protein. It may surprise you to learn that this is a higher percentage than meat, fish, eggs, dairy and beans. It’s also a more easily digestible form of protein. 7 kg of wheatgrass is equal in nutritional value to 160 kg of ordinary garden vegetables.
So the benefits of wheatgrass are many. Here are just some that have been substantiated by research:
- IT’S AN ALKALINE FOOD – wheatgrass, if taken regularly helps maintain a balanced pH. A balanced pH is essential for overall health
- IT NEUTRALISES ACIDS AND HELPS REDUCE ACID REFLUX – due to the fact that wheatgrass is an alkalizing food it helps reduce and neutralise acidity which causes acid reflux
- IT BOOSTS IMMUNITY – wheatgrass is often referred to as a complete food. This is because it contains such a huge variety of essential vitamins, minerals and proteins that it can feed the body with all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy
- GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS – Due to its high fibre content, wheatgrass has the ability to make you feel full, helping to reduce food cravings
- GOOD FOR CONSTIPATION – the naturally high fibre content in wheatgrass gently stimulates bowel movement thus helping to prevent constipation
- INCREASES ENERGY LEVELS – Not only does wheatgrass feed the body with all the right nutrients to stay healthy it also contains very high levels of chlorophyll which helps boost blood production, creating more oxygen to reach cells, and thereby promoting healthy cell renewal and increased energy
- DETOXES AND CLEANSES – chlorophyll helps detoxify the system because it has the ability to remove heavy toxins from the body. It achieves this by chelation or by adhering them together so that they are more easily removed from the body
- HELPS BUILD BLOOD – there is a striking resemblance between the haemoglobin in your blood and chlorophyll found in plants. They are so close in molecular structure to each other that the only difference is the atom at the centre in haemoglobin is iron and in chlorophyll it’s magnesium. When ingested chlorophyll is converted into haemoglobin and helps to rebuild and replace red blood cells
- HELPS TO BRIGHTEN AND CLEAR SKIN CONDITIONS – The skin is the body’s largest organ! Due to the fact that wheatgrass is so cleansing the benefits to the skin are huge. When the digestive tract is de-toxified so is the skin. Wheatgrass can also be applied to the skin as a paste mixed with water. Used as a cooling/detoxifying mask, it can help normalize ectopic skin conditions, such as psoriasis, rosacea and eczema
- IT HELPS SLOW DOWN THE AGING PROCESS – Antioxidants mop up free radicals which speed up the ageing process. Wheatgrass is high in antioxidants.